Monday, November 26, 2012

You're Gettin' the Boot!

Hey Manscapers,

Hope you've had a great week full of great beard lines. I hope you all enjoyed my first VLOG as I intend to post more as the weeks go on.

I have to say I got very excited as I was able to influence the people I live with to put up their Christmas decs a whole 8 days early. In England, a lot of families find it to be sacrilege to put up their decorations until the 1st of December, but since I am clearly American, it is tradition to suck as much out of the Christmas season as possible by starting on midnight the day of Thanksgiving. Thankfully, they have given under my influence and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here.

As it's getting Christmasy and the rain is getting thicker and thicker (especially here) I thought I would start by giving some boot advice. In the winter time, it's important to have at least one nice pair of boots as they are able to be warn in any weather. Whether you want to be trudging through snow, hiking a mountain to chop (or shoot as we do in Idaho) down a Christmas tree, or just going from celebration to celebration, there is no reason why you shouldn't look good while doing it. There is something nice about a nice, sturdy pair of boots that can make you feel confident as you clomp your way into the forrest that is the world.

The world of fashion is ever-changing, as I'm sure you all are aware, and it is often centered around taking a basic concept that has been used before and making it better. Two years ago it was army boots, last year it was boots with a more pointed toe, and this year the hiking boot has come back in style.

When I first saw them in the shops, I must admit I had a bit of a flashback to the Dockers that were the trend in the late 90s with a modern twist. It freaked me out a little, but I must admit the rounded toe guards and thick soles have been shaved down just enough to make the shape more modern and ok. When paired with skinny jeans and a long, wool trench coat or leather aviator jacket, it defines a modern look. Just don't go pairing them with baggy jeans, or boot cuts and I won't report you to the 90s fashion police. Seriously.

Photobucket

Feel free to experiment with a boot that you feel comfortable in and don't be afraid if it happens to have more of a 'work boot' or rounded shape. After all, these boots were made for walkin! (Ok, even I'M embarrassed I just said that... Sorry guys.)

Here's a couple shots of the look I mean. I stole these from the ALLSAINTS website. Just look at how cool this whole look is.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know their stuff is expensive, so I'm not expecting you to spend £165 on boots, I for one found some for £30 that are very similar. Once you have a look in your head, keep an eye out for sales and different brands that bring you a similar product.


As always, keep lookin' good and please let me know of anything you would like to have more information on or a VLOG on.

SUBSCRIBE!!!

Peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment