Monday, September 24, 2012

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button

Hey Manscapers. (And all you cheeky women out there who read my blog week-to-week. You know who you are. And I love you all the same)

I would firstly like to point out that it's only taken me a YEAR but I'm finally recouping from jet lag! YES! Ok, it's only been 12 days, but still... That's a long time to adjust to a new sleep schedule.

For those of you who are unaware, or who have just tuned into this blog, I just recently moved back to sunny (I wish) Folkestone, Kent for the next 6 months. You'd think after living in the UK on and off for four years and traveling back and forth all that time, I would know how to best get over jet lag. Yet, alas, here I sit having finally conquered the mad best after a record-breaking long length of 12 days. (For the record, I would just like to point out that if you plan on traveling to a time zone that is 7+ hours different than the one you're used to, don't sleep the first two days you arrive. It completely SCREWS your body clock...) Anyway, I digress. I know you are all waiting with bated breath to discover what nugget of fashionist-er truth I shall be uncovering this week, so I will keep you waiting no longer.

In the UK the trends seem to be a season (or 4) ahead of the U.S., especially where I'm from in good ole' Idaho (yee-haw!), but that doesn't mean you all should be left out of the loop. I know that most of my readers come from the United States with some from the UK mixed in so I try to keep all my posts relevant to both countries while keeping my US peeps informed. (Are you keeping up? I think I just lost myself...) There is a big trend going on in the UK culture right now that I think you all should be aware of. It's been showing up since at least last year at this time (if not sooner) so I think it's time all of you in the great U. S. of A. should be let in on a little fashion secret: The top button button. I know I just repeated the word 'button' twice. It's that great.

Now before you go throwing your cuff links at me in outrage, hear me out.

When I first saw some people walking around with their top button done up and no tie on, I almost wanted to walk up to them and ask if they realized they left the house without their most apparent accesory. Of course, after seeing multiple people walk by with the same top button buttoned, I realized it was an up-and-coming trend.

The beauty of it is there are so many ways to wear it, make yourself stand out that bit more, and just look, well, fresh.

Now before you scroll down and check out the examples I have, I would just like to point out that I had every intention of photographing myself in these outfit choices, but I ran out of time (it's my fault for waiting until the last minute to post the blog... maybe I'll learn next week), so you get to look at professional models in professional clothing with professional photographers instead. You're welcome.

*disclaimer: I own NO rights to these photos nor do I pretend I do. They are the copyright of the photographers themselves. Cheers.*

Here we have exhibit A:

Just look at this boys swag as he struts down that cobble stone with his wannabe Ray Bans and his shirt buttoned all the way. He looks summery, ready to party, and fresh all at the same time. Who doesn't want to be this guy?

49047083412252431_6ZBhozzs_f_zps7f02e059


Exhibit B:


Just a casual stroll along the sea looking like a BOSS in the sunset.
Photobucket


Exhibit C:

You can even add a blazer to make the look a little dressier. A tie is NOT needed for this to be complete. BOOM!
Photobucket


See? There are many great ways to wear this look. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a good picture of this worn under a crew neck sweater, but that looks completely swag-alicious as well. (woah, I need to calm down with my word-age...) Don't forget a long-sleeved button up untucked with skinny jeans, too. There is no wrong way to wear the top button button button top shirt. Be encouraged to step out of your comfort zone a little and stand out from the crowd. Heads will turn and people will swoon over the extent of your coolness. You just wait.

You heard it here first, Manscapers. Button up those top buttons, leave the ties at home, and go out into the world. How will you wear it? Make sure you comment and, as always, comment/ email (manscapemonday@gmail.com) with any questions, concerns, or ideas for future posts!

Keep lookin' good!!










*as a little side note, I couldn't help but post this picture. As I was looking for great photos of top button button for this post, I came across this COMPLETE stud of an older gentleman. I've officially discovered who I strive to be like when I'm older. Look at those tattooed arms, stylish clothes, and awesome hair cut. He's lookin' good. REAL good.*


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So I'm totally the newest follower of your manscape blog John! haha I have a secret desire to do a side-shave thing like some of these guys are sporting, like Anya from project runway? shushhh, don't tell anyone! ha
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily! I'm so glad you're following. I must admit: I'm ADDICTED to your blog. I absolutely love it. Would love to get some cool pointers sometime as I'm just starting out? If that's ok...

      Also, you should totally do it! I just got my sides shaved off this week. Have to stay up on the current trends and all that. ;) Maybe I'll post some pics... You could ROCK it.

      Delete
    2. I just found you today! Where have you been hiding?!? ah shucks you're sweet:) I'd be more then happy to answer any questions you have! and also Maybe I'll just spam you sometime with useful info, though things look great around here!

      Delete
    3. oh P.S. do you have a button? I'd love to give you a free medium ad space for october! gotta get the word out and all that:) sides, ladies love checking out hot men on blogs.haha

      Delete
    4. haha. I literally just woke up one day and decided I was sick of there not being any good men's fashion blogs so I started one on that same day! I had no idea *and still don't, really* about promoting my blog and all that. I just knew I wanted to get started. Deidre Miller has been a huge help but I still have a long way to go. It's just so much to remember. Would you be up for a skype meeting sometime? That or you could email over any great ideas you have. I would appreciate any feedback!

      Thanks so much for the free medium space!! I'm still getting my head around the whole button thing but I do have one I can send over. I'm not sure what size it is, but I can always resize it if it's wrong. Shall I email it to you?

      Delete