Monday, October 1, 2012

Take Time to Smell the Deodorant

Hey Manscapers,

Hope you've had a great week full of good looking moments. I'm sure you all have. Anyone try the top button button this week? I sure did!

I have a friend who hosts a "three months 'till Christmas' party every year on, you guessed it, September 25th. It's a great time to get together, break out those reds and greens, have some great food, see great friends, and listen to Christmas music early without feeling guilty. It's a tradition that's been going on in her family for years and the event has EXPLODED the last couple years. There is currently a waiting list for invitations, (this year we packed over 50 guests into their lovely home) and we're hoping to rent out a venue for next year's paloosa! Woah! Anyway, I thought that would be the perfect opportunity for me to 'practice what I preach' and break out the top button button!

Here are the results:


Photobucket

My friend Wes and I have a habit of 'photobombing' pictures by pulling our awkward face. Little did I know he decided this would be the perfect time to try it out! Great face, Wes.


Photobucket

It went over so well Tina and I decided to join in. *Notice the top button button complete with the v-neck sweater! It's a great look for the coming colder months*


IMG_2399_zps9e783d77

AND finally, one with me and the 'Hostess with the Mostest!' My good friend, Tina Brooker, sure does know how to throw a great party! My thanks extend all the way to my blog, Tina!

And there you have it. Proof that I follow my own advice.

That being said, I think it's time we move onto this weeks topic: a leaf from the personal hygiene dept. Now, I know what you all are thinking, "now that we are all adults, he can't SERIOUSLY be giving us the talk about showering daily that our parents did when we were 14!" Well, gentleman, if the shoe fits! Okay, not really... But kind of! There is a pandemic spreading through the adult male world that I've just become rather acquainted with by accident: many adult men don't wear any deodorant!

Being someone who tends to be a little over zealous with my deodorant application, (I, personally, have a stick of deodorant in any messenger bag or backpack I carry around, in my desk at work, in my room, and in my car. You never know when you're going to need a top up!) I don't see how this could even be possible. I mean, you'd think after a while they would notice an unpleasant smell? Maybe some men just don't sweat? Whatever the answer is, I don't need to know. (or want to really...) All I know is I'm here to give you a pep talk and tell you what I do. Especially as we near the cooler months and you'll be spending more time indoors cuddled up (possibly) against someone special. I mean, I'm doing you AND all your current/ future relationships a favor here. Listen up.

Many men don't wear deodorant because they think that their daily shower will be enough. I hate to break it to you, gentlemen, but you continue to get dirty throughout your day. A shower in the morning or evening is a great way to cleanse your skin and even use a scented body wash to add a fresh scent, but unfortunately the effects will not last all day. You may not notice yourself perspiring throughout the day but it is the body's way of regulating temperature. Even walking outside for a short time can cause your body to produce sweat to adjust. It's a fact of life, people. That is why you must be prepared!

Another excuse I've heard is, "but if I'm wearing cologne, surely that will be good enough!" or. "I'm afraid the scent of my deodorant will clash with that of my cologne." I'm here to tell you that neither of those things are true. Yes, you may spray yourself so completely with cologne that you emanate scent like a car air freshener, but that doesn't mean your body odor won't be mixed in there. (Gross. If only you could see the faces I'm making writing this post. Scrunched up nose to the max!) Also, there are many deodorants that either have a light scent, no scent, or a scent that is fairly easy to blend with any cologne. Just as we all have different natural tastes in things like food, scent and applicator type of deodorant is something we all have to find our 'niche' in.

Don't let this overwhelm you. If you are on the side of 'heck no!' when it comes to deodorant, try it for a while. See how you feel (and how many compliments you get when people stand next to you and think you smell DELICIOUS!) If you hate one, try another one. You won't regret it. I can't tell you how many times people have commented on how great I smell on days I'm not even wearing any cologne. It's all in the deodorant, gents.



Photobucket

If you are just now warming up to the idea of a deodorant and feel a little like a fish out of water, let me make a suggestion to you. My favorite deodorant company has to be 'Degree.' They make great, long-lasting products and I have never found any other deodorant that not only lasts long but mixes so well with all the different colognes I wear. Never have the two scents clashed. I recommend you try it out. If you don't like it, try something new! It won't kill you, I promise. *It MAY attract all kinds of love interests, though. You have been warned!*

There you have it, Manscapers. My personal take on deodorant. What do you guys think? Also, what is your personal favorite when it comes to under arm scents?? Leave a comment below and let me know. Be sure to email me at manscapemonday@gmail.com with any other questions/comments/or ideas of things you'd like to see on the blog!

Great things are coming, Manscapers. Big news to be delivered soon! Watch this space.

Keep lookin' (and smellin') good! 

4 comments:

  1. I am totally an Old Spice guy! :-) I get compliments on how good I smell ALL the time (trying to reinforce what you are saying) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was an old spice guy for a while! I like to switch things up after a while, though, so I decided to go for something new. It's all about finding your individual scent. :)

      Thanks for the comment, Cody.

      Delete