Monday, November 5, 2012

Where'd you go?! You blended right in!

Hey Manscapers,

Hope you have all had a great week and those mustaches/ beards are going strong!

I must admit, I shaved clean for the first time in over a year (minus the 'stache of course) on the First and it was really strange. Who knew I had so much skin under there?! Baby face McGee over here. It came to the point where it was difficult to look at myself in the mirror because I felt like a chubby faced 12yr old. Truth.

THEREFORE, I have decided to embrace the Noshavember part of Movember rather than just the 'stache. I promise I'm not choosing the easy way out, I just don't have enough hair on my lip to even tell I have a mustache goin' on. It looks like trashy peach fuzz on my face. Not a good look in my opinion.

After the month is over, I agree to shave my facial hair into some outrageous mustache of YOUR choosing and will wear it around for 1 WHOLE day. Promise. Leave a comment and tell me how I should shave it off.

Anyway, moving on for today, I have recently succumb to a new fashion trend here in the UK that I've decided to share with all of you; Army Camo.

Now, with many things, (the iPad included. Shhh) I tend to be a bit of a skeptic. I remember when tablets first came out I was like, "why would you want to have a giant iPhone that doesn't make calls?!" That aside, most of the time I warm up to the trends, it just takes me a bit longer than some. Such has been the same with Army Camo.

When it first debuted, I admit I was very skeptical. It looked strange to me to see models and TV hosts dressed with baggy Camo jackets over their form fitting clothing but I must admit I've warmed up to the idea. Not only is it a great shout out to those wonderful men and women who fight to keep my two favourite countries safe, it's nice to feel the warm bagginess of a camo jacket over whatever outfit you're wearing.

Greatest thing about this fashion trend? You don't need to spend loads of money to rock it! Many people haven't yet caught on to the camo revolution, so charity shops are still a great option for finding a great camo jacket. My absolute GEM of a mother just sent me one from the States that she found at a charity shop and I LOVE it. ($10 for a jacket is better than OVER $100 online!) You just gotta keep your eyes pealed for the right deals.


camo

Just ignore the angry look and dark eyes in this picture. I'm going for a mysterious smolder, I think. Is it working? Heh heh. Jokes. 


If you don't want to risk that smell not coming out from the charity shop bargain, (soak it in baking soda water!) you can always hit up Urban Outfitters for their awesome in-season camo jackets. The great thing about buying retail is you know it's going to be a great fit. I was lucky enough to receive a charity jacket that fits me great, but that won't always be the case.  The only downside to buying retail is it's mass produced. Maybe that's the point with camo though, yeah? For everyone to look similar? Hm... Think on that one for a second.

So there you go, Manscapers. If you have an Army Camo jacket hidden away in the closet, break it out. Otherwise hit up your local charity shop (thrift store) or Urban for an awesome addition to any outfit. The great thing about Camo is it's so old it's new. And it's so new there are no rules. You can basically wear it over anything and it will look good. It's all about confidence, guys.


There you have it. Don't forget to click "Join this site" on the left side to subscribe and tell all your friends (male or female) to check out the good thing we have goin here!

Also, as always, comment or email me at manscapemonday@gmail.com with any questions, ideas for posts, or suggestions for what mustache I should shave at the end of the month!

Thanks for reading and until next time Keep Lookin' Good.


P.s. as it's the 5th of November (fireworks night) here in the UK, here's a bonus shot of my camo jacket in action (thanks again mom!) as I enjoyed some fireworks with friends. Here's my and my good friend Dre KILLIN' the sparklers like we's pro. Get it blood. Swear DOWN mate. 


Photobucket


You're never too old to appreciate gifts from your mother. Remember that, gents. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment